Can I further study master degree with bachelor degree in different course?

Hello My name is Shahazureen and I really confuse with this problem. My current course are undergraduate Automation and Robotics and after I graduate from this course I’m thinking to further my study in Master Degree Aerospace and Aeronautical course. Can I apply it or is there any difficulty when I enter it that I require to enter the undergraduate in Aerospace and Aeronautical course because what I heard in master degree it does not have and education anymore it just a research. Can somebody answer my question, I would really appreciate if there is a response.

Should be no problem if your current Bachelor’s Degree in Automation and Robotics is an engineering degree. In other words, will you graduate from your undergraduate studies with Bachelor’s in Engineering? If yes then you can apply Masters in Aerospace and Aeronautical without problem because usually this Master’s degree requires a Bachelor of Engineering BEng (Hons) degree.

If you have a specific university that you plan to further study your Masters in Aerospace and Aeronautical then you can check the entry requirements on its official website. Let’s say you plan to enroll in Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), you can read from its website:

The School of Aerospace Engineering is offering Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degree by research in the field of aeronautic and astronautic.

An applicant for Master of Science degree should have excellent performance in Bachelor of Engineering degree obtained in Universiti Sains Malaysia or university which is recognized by the Senate of Universiti Sains Malaysia with CGPA of at least 2.75. However, applicant who has relevant experience and who is found to be capable in following the higher degree shall also be considered.

An applicant who wishes to pursue a Doctoral of Philosophy degree should have already obatined a Master degree or equivalent from the Universiti Sains Malaysia or university which is recognized by the Senate of Universiti Sains Malaysia. In special cases, the senate shall also consider aplication from those who possessed a Bachelor degree with CGPA over 3.5.

An applicant should provide some form of evidence that he or she has sufficient practise and is capable in pursuing the higher degree program, applicants can contact the Dean of Institue of Graduate Studies, Universiti Sains Malaysia, or the programme Chairman of Higher Degree, School of Aerospace Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia.

Academic staffs in the school hold varying expertise in the field of aerospace engineering, which encompasses aeronautical and astronautic engineering and satellite technology. Among the research field currently ventured by the staffs are those related to the Computational Fluid Dynamics , Aerodynamics , Aerospace Structures , Aerospace Control , Astronautics , Aerospace Composites and Propulsion .

http://aerospace.eng.usm.my/index.php/en/program/postgraduate

No problem, usually its easier when you apply for a Masters in the same university that you had your degree. But most universities are happy to have you if your exam scores are up to par. Many people make the switch when applying for Masters. I’ve personally met with people who did their degrees in Engineering but changed to Languages for their masters.

When making the change you’ll probably have to take a few courses to make sure you can cope with Master syllabus and research. It also varies from what course to what course you are jumping from and to.

You’d do best to go to the university you wish to go to and inquire about this yourself

Thank you for the reply now I feel really relief now