Should I take a part time job or Working Holiday USA during my semester break?

Some people would recommend that taking a part time job or internship would be good for resume.
Pros: Good for resume, cheaper alternative
Cons:Repetitive, less income

Some people also recommend to take Working Holiday USA for cultural exchange and that you can earn extra income because you will get paid in USD.
Pros: Get to travel, Earn more
Cons: Need a large beginning capital to pay for agent fees, may not be beneficial for resume

What do you guys think?

Hello Marjorie! I’m just one of the many voices here, but here are my thoughts.

The most important thing is to spend your time well. Either options are good, but it simply depends on what you are looking for.

Are you looking for convenience or something more adventurous? Both of it has its pros (as you have already listed).

Note: I believe Working Holiday USA would also be beneficial for resume as it would show your future employers that you have an international work experience.

Hye kkzy,

Thanks for your opinion. I think I will be going for working holiday in USA.
I don’t think I will be able to get another chance so often to be able to experience a hands on living the USA life when I start bulding my career!

Anyways, thanks for your note on the beneficial part for the resume. It put me into a great load of relief.

I agree,that working holidays provides an added edge to your resume. Being an AFS returnee myself, it is to be noted that the experience I’ve had there is irreplacable. Employers require candidates with holistic and strong interpersonal skills which may be acquired overseas.