Study Bachelor of Science in Mathematics at University of Malaya

Hello I’m currently studying A-level with the following subjects
#1 Mathematics
#2 Further Mathematics
#3 Physics
I’m just wondering what are the odds for me to get a place in this course.

Hi @brycelee, yes it is definitely possible, provided your A Level result meets the minimum requirement - at least B in two subjects out of the three subjects you are taking. Of course, since you are competing with STPM, Matriculation and other students to get into this course at the most prestigious top ranked university in Malaysia, you need to score better than minimum result to stand a higher chance.

Another very important requirement, you must take MUET exam and get at least Band 2 to meet the minimum requirement! Many A Level students end up not eligible to apply any courses at local public universities because they did not even take MUET test, which is a compulsory requirement in order to apply any Malaysia public universities (universiti awam). These local public universities do not accept IELTS or TOEFL result, so make sure you sit for MUET test if you plan to apply IPTA.

University of Malaya Bachelor of Science in Mathematics Entry Requirements

Mempunyai kelayakan GCE A-Level yang diiktiraf dengan mendapat sekurang-kurangnya Gred B dalam mana-mana dua (2) mata pelajaran berikut:

• Biologi
  • Kimia
  • Fizik
  • Further Mathematics
  • Matematik

dan

Mendapat sekurang-kurangnya Tahap 2 (Band 2) dalam MUET

Source: http://um.edu.my/academics/bachelor/science/bachelor-of-science-(mathematics)

1 Like

I really appreciate your answer. Thank you very much.