When is the right time to apply for scholarships?

Hi there, I took my SPM last year (2014). I’m actually confused about when I should apply for scholarships. This is because my friends are freaking out about scholarships and saying things like the closing date is nearing. Which gave me a huge shock because the SPM result has only been announced yesterday (march 3rd)! So not wanting to miss the chance I went on and searched for scholarships online. However, most of them are for people who have already received university admission confirmation (“sudah mendapat tawaran ke mana-mana universiti”). That’s when I thought this shouldn’t possibly be for us and the time hasn’t come yet. Moreover the closing dates are also absurd… some already closed way before SPM result was announced…? So what I believe is I should start applying for scholarships only after I’ve received “tawaran” to any universities. But I might be wrong about this. Can anyone solve this confusing thing haha thank you so much in advance!

TLDR: For SPM 2014 students when would be the right time to apply for scholarships since the results were just announced?

hi @ddre, the right time to apply scholarships is NOW as many prestigious scholarships are closing very very soon!

Please refer to this post of a list of top 50+ scholarships for SPM 2014 result-holders like you to apply before its closing deadlines.

Top 50 Malaysia Scholarships 2015 Openings for STPM & SPM 2014 Result Holders - Apply Now!

Thank you! I also want to ask, is the star’s scholarship programme only eligible for SPM leavers who are planning to further their studies in IPTS?

From the list of universities and colleges under The Star’s scholarship, the answer seems to be a yes.