Yayasan Tenaga Nasional (YTN) Scholarships

Yayasan Tenaga Nasional (YTN) Scholarships

Yayasan Tenaga Nasional (YTN) invites qualified Malaysians to apply for scholarships to pursue study programmes at local public institution of higher learning (IPTA).

Fields of Study

Bachelor’s Degree in the following subjects:

• Electrical Power Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Accountancy

http://scholarships.malaysia-students.com/2014/03/yayasan-tenaga-nasional-ytn-scholarships.html

Yayasan Tenaga Nasional (YTN) Scholarship Interview Experience - First Round
Yayasan Tenaga Nasional Scholarship (TNB) - First Stage - The Camp

The first round of the Yayasan Tenaga Nasional scholarship selection is always held in UNITEN, Bangi for 3 days and 2 nights. This “camp” would not only push you mentally and physically but also filter the top scorers in the country to provide only the best with a full scholarship to study overseas or locally. The assessment methods used in the camp is the same for both the “Program Dalam Negara” and “Program Luar Negara” camp and is usually carried out by an external scholarship selection unit. Now the first thing that you guys should remember is that this is a scholarship selection camp not a fun camp or a scouts camp. So put on your competitive face, make as many friends as possible (trust me because this really comes in handy) and always try to be the better one in every single activity.

Upon registration, you will be assigned to a specific dorm with a room-mate of course. There will then be a physical examination (weight, height etc.) followed by a simple aptitude test. The briefing about the schedule throughout the next three days will be done and you will find yourself in different group with different people in every single activity.PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR STATIONARY.

Examples of assessment methods

1. ice breaking (this simple activity has a hidden agenda, mind you) - usually required to draw some funny pictures or shapes in a piece of A4 paper, sing a song, introduce yourself in a creative manner and maybe play a simple game among your group members.

2. Physical assessment - Beep test - stamina and endurance will be tested here as students will be required to run at a fixed distance accompanied by the “beep” sound until he or she reaches their limit. Boys and girls are a minimum requirement that they must fulfil in order to get marks.

3. Station games - simple but is usually dragged until 3am in the morning - team building, mind challenging and personality testing games such as building a straw tower as a team, solving a rubix cube, carrying out a case study as a team, debating against each other, public speaking (bilingual), getting a balloon across an air conditioned room only by blowing, building a safe landing platform for an egg that you must drop from 15 feet high. (these are only one’s I can remember. sorry )

4. Pure teamwork activities - carried out in the field - activities include explorace and racing with a balloon between each member while you line up in front of each other in single file.

Well these are the one’s that I can remember for now. Then we have the final night where you are emotionally tested. An incident will occur (i’m not sure how) and this will be used to screw all the students until your breaking limit. Then you will be asked to volunteer to give your opinion on the issue.PLEASE DO SO as this gives you extra points. So yeah. That’s about it I guess. Just try to excel in every activity individually and as a team and this will definitely give you an opportunity to qualify for the next round. Good luck!

Yayasan Tenaga Nasional (YTN) Scholarship Interview Experience - Second Round
Well here we are again people. Congratulations on making it to the second round of the selection process. Just so you know, this is the final round and there the results would be out after this. Now let’s get back to business. The second round of the selection process is ‘the interview’. It will be held in the Bangunan Yayasan Tenaga Nasional inside the Uniten, Bangi compound. Students who made it to this round will be divided into many groups with 10 people in each. Your interview dates will depend on the state you come from.

So on that morning, I found myself registering at the YTN office in Uniten, Bangi. Upon registration, I was given the number four, which means I would be the fourth one to be interviewed. All ten of us were brought into a briefing room and a slide show was played. One of the facilitators explained about the countries that we were bound to (Germany, USA, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia) and the courses offered. Immediately after that, the first student was called. This went on for about 40 minutes before my name was called.

I nervously walked into the room and found myself facing the Pengarah Yayasan Tenaga Nasional himself accompanied by two other facilitators. My documents were then seen by him and I was asked some questions about my family background and if any of my siblings were already YTN scholars. Then came the serious questions. “What do you think about Malaysia’s development in terms of renewable energy?”, “Can you compare us with countries like Netherlands and Germany?”, “What do you think about Malaysia harnessing nuclear energy to power the industries in the country?”. Once I cleared those, he asked, “what country would you like to study in and why?”. I gave my best at that one and thanked him when I was done. FINALLY! I was the then wished good luck and told that the results will be out in about one month. And so it did. Good luck everyone! Just stay calm and it is very much possible.

how did you answered those question?

I think as long as you answer the questions confidently, support your answers with some facts or backed up with current news or happenings in the country, you should be fine :wink:

oh thank you so much :)