DPLI/KPLI: How to become teacher after graduated with university degree

Hi, i am taking my chemistry degree now in UTAR, may i know can i become a chemistry teacher in secondary school if i take DPLI or KPLI?

Yes, you can become a school teacher if you complete DPLI / KPLI after you graduate from UTAR with chemistry teacher. The exact pathway in your situation are:

• To become a national secondary school teacher: Degree - DPLI - SMK
  • To become a national primary school teacher: Degree - KPLI - SK

Also, you need to take note that application for DPLI & KPLI are highly competitive due to many people who want to become a teacher after finishing non-education degrees. And, again due to limited availability and competition from other applicants, you might not necessary become a Chemistry teacher… (for example you might end up becoming Science teacher who need to teach General Science / Physic / Biology etc)…

Highly recommended readings for you since you are interested to become teacher:

Cab I get into IPG or education degree? I have a levels btw

Yes, you can apply for an education degree using your A-Levels result as it is on par with STPM or other pre-university programmes like Matrikulasi. However, like all popular degree courses, you might or might not get it depending on UPU allocation, your result, your choice of university, competition etc.

how about institut perguruan? can i get into it using a -levels?

hmm… I think you will need to use your SPM result to apply for IPG, which in order words what you have done in your A-levels will not be counted…

In IPG, there is degree-level course right?

IPG is now known as Institut Pendidikan Guru Malaysia. You can refer to this blog post on different ways how you can become a teacher in Malaysia. If you take the no. 1 way: SPM - IPG - SK then your A-levels result with not be counted.

But in IPG, there are PPISMP and PISMP, PPISMP is equivalent to foundation( one year) . Can I apply to PISMP straight using my a level results?