Help me to choose a laptop

Hye guys… can u help me choose the best laptop for student? What is the most trusted brand? What chriteria should i consider in choosing a laptop?

I have been using Macbook for many years since I was a university student. Which Apple Macbook can be quite expensive, it can last very long (mine is 5 years already) is you just use it for assignment and online (Facebook / internet) etc. It is also very easy to use and don’t hang as often as a PC.

Currently there is a 10% Student Discount on Macbook Air & Macbook Pro from 8th July to 3rd September 2016. If you don’t need the latest spec and want cheaper price, there is a Apple Mac clearance sale this weekend in KL!

Thanks ong for ur suggestion… but i can’t afford to buy one… huhu so i’m looking forward to other brand that is more cheaper than apple :blush:
But i do appreciate your suggestion. thank you so much :innocent:

Let me share my comment based on my personal experience in using these two brands:

Acer laptop: cheaper and you will find majority poor students use this brand. However usually need to repair after one year so make sure you buy the three years warranty.

Dell laptop: quite popular also as many students use this brand, but slightly more expensive than Acer. Their warranty and repair service is very good. If you live in Klang Valley, they can come to your home or university hostel to fix your laptop if it brakes down.

Owh… Interesting facts. thank you kai… Afterall those brands are within my budget… :slight_smile:

Things to look at

1. Weight
  2. Dimensions
  3. Material
  4. Main reason of use/ How will you use it : as editing machine? rendering? note taking?

Basic specs now a days are decent enough, its about getting the best bang for buck

Suggested brands : HP, Acer and Dell
Suggested Budget : RM1-3k

1 Like