How can SPM Trials sometimes be more important than the actual SPM?

To some people, SPM Trials is just another school exam. Many people think the only important exam is SPM. However, if you are a form 5 student planning to further your studies at a college, you will be needing your SPM Trials results to get in the January Intake. However, this does not mean you can escape the actual SPM examination. Your actual SPM results will still be reviewed by the college and if you fail either Bahasa Melayu or Sejarah, you will not be able to get your SPM certificate therefore not being able to continue studies at college.

However, your SPM Trials results is going to determine whether you can get in a college for the January intake and in fact also determine whether you can get a scholarship to get in college for the January intake. The prices for tertiary education in Malaysia is now very expensive and the price is only going to increase. the highest price for a Pre-University Course currently is RM50,000++ (Taylor’s College). Many families do not have enough money and requirement the financial aids of colleges. This is where scholarships come in handy.

Most students either start college in January or July. However, to start college in July would mean you are starting half a year later than other students and it would also mean the prices for every college will increase. There are also students who go for the March Intake but not every student is capable to do this because it would be an express course. This means that you are going to be taking your exams the same time as the students who went for January intake but you have 3 months less time than the January intake students.

The SPM Trials results are VERY VERY IMPORTANT especially for scholarships, so students should always focus on the trials and do well in order to get a scholarship and begin in January. remember, “THE EARLIER YOU FINISH YOUR STUDIES, THE EARLIER YOU START WORK, THE EARLIER YOU EARN MONEY”

Thank you :smile:

Comment below if you have any questions!

Don’t have any questions, but still want to comment to express my personal points. Well, firstly, I really don’t think that we should eagerly to continue our studies just after SPM. Eastern country people always used to compete, with friends, cousins, why?!! Eagerly choosing your course to continue your study and didn’t find what is your interest exactly at, and don’t even develop self mind or independent minded.

Slowing for half a year, means anything? It is you, yourself on how to use your time wisely, but not the other. People should always focus on developing your own inner-power, instead of winning that kind of racing-rat competition and be proud of that. Goals, self-identity, perseverance and independent, they are invulnerable that ones should develop beside scoring well in your examination.

Allow me to share my story, I have many friends feeling that they are slow when seeing other friends are taking January intake course. And so, paying money to go to A level, Ausmat, MUFY, AIMST etc. but when SPM result is coming out, they go for matriculation, get bursary and retake it back, some go for IPG. Come on, waste your money there just because of the competition attitude. A stereotype kiasuistic is too common.

Perhaps my info is wrong, there is a school called KYUEM in Malaysia and it offers pre-U course too and the fee is between RM53,000 - RM80,000, therefore I wonder what is the ‘highest’ course that cost RM50,000++ in Taylor university?And perhaps my info goes wrong again, this year government had tried to forbids students to use their forecast result to apply some scholarships or universities just because of the unstandardised standard problem that we all known.

The point of this topic is to tell students to focus on their TRIALS. And no the government did not forbid it. The problem with starting late is the price will only keep increasing so without a scholarship, it can be very very expensive for families who have low or moderate income.

Hi Reuben I just want to share my personal experience here,government did forbid it
I asked a few colleges about their January intake and most of them require the actual SPM result in order to get into that respective college
While a few of them did accept trials’ result but they will still look at your actual SPM result and if you didn’t meet their requirements you will kicked out from that school
Trials did play an important role indeed but I believe that few years later,the government will completely forbid using trials result to get into college/uni
And here is the news if you didn’t really know about it

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/09/28/A-worthless-piece-of-paper-Forecast-results-no-longer-acceptable/

1 Like