How to Save Money as a Student

As a student, we get to enjoy many benefits such as student only discount. In this post, I’m going to share with you some of the ways I know can save a lot of money.

1. Rapidpass Pelajar Integrasi (RM100 monthly for bus, LRT, and Monorail) or Rapidpass Pelajar Bas (RM50 monthly for bus services) pass, KTM also offers a 50% discount for students.
  2. Get student price movie ticket at Golden Screen Cinemas (GSC), Tanjong Golden Village (TGV) Cinemas, Cathay Cineplexes, and MBO Cinemas.
  3. Themepark such as ice scatting at Sunway Pyramid or any bowling centers will have student discount on weekday.

Can you think of more to add to this list?

• Student discount for Apple products such as iPhone, iPad, Macbook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac… The prices are generally RM50 - RM200 cheaper compared to normal price. You have to purchase online through the Education store website in order to get the discount. Student discount is not eligible for walk-in customers.

I have a suggestion to add to the list.

Popular student membership. The application is very cheap, and you get a ten percent discount on everything you buy in a Popular bookstore all over Malaysia, regardless of location. Well, everything besides the NETT priced items, that is. Students need stationery, books and exercises, so I think this is a wise step to take.

Talking about Popular bookstore, there is currently a back to school promotion at Popular Malaysia.

FREE RM10 Popular Cash Voucher when you spend RM130 and above in a single receipt on the same day! Available at all Popular Bookstores in Malaysia. Valid until 18 January 2015.