Is It Better To Buy Textbooks Or Rent Them?

Although a student might at first enjoy the idea of going to college, this soon changes when they have to buy textbooks; most to-be college students looking to buy textbooks have no idea how expensive this can be. Some are known to cost more than RM 200 themselves! But there IS a way to get cheap textbooks; you can rent them! Students nowadays have access to the facilities needed for renting textbooks for extremely low prices. Renting textbooks can keep you from having to buy textbooks carrying price tags of hundreds of dollars. This is more beneficial than even buying used textbooks as even though the prices of those are low relative to the prices of brand new books, they aren’t so low either.

Renting textbooks is the new trend for saving money in the college society and the number of people doing this keeps increasing every day. Students usually need textbooks only for the duration of the semester. This is where the rental system’s benefit comes in; students can rent textbooks (for a fraction of the price they would have to pay if they buy textbooks) for the duration of the semester and send them back to the company after the semester is over. No worrying about how to resell out of date books.

If you don’t mind i’m asking… Is this renting service available in malaysia? is the bookstore like popular or mph provide this service?
How can we rent all those books?

OK. So far I’ve found three sites which offer online book rentals in Malaysia. You can also try on Mudah.my to find any great deals.

1. Reader’s Shack
It claims to be Malaysia’s first online book rental website, They have romance titles, thrillers, mysteries, self-helps and other non-fiction books. You can even earn money by offering to rent out your books through their Net sellers programme.

2. Q’reazant
This is a recent discovery, as recent as 15 minutes ago. It’s a neat blog with clear instructions all laid out for visitors. They have a variety of reading materials ranging from biographies, college textbooks, comics, young adult novels to magazines. And wow, they even rent out DVDs, VCDs and music CDs. Incredible!

3. Book Lover’s Rental Shoppe
I found this website like 10 minutes ago. :slight_smile: Lots of classic titles. It also offers chick lit, romance, teen, mystery and thriller, horror, politics and social economy and religious books.

4. MyBookRental
Renting books is done online and they offer a wide range of books such as fiction, non-fiction, young adult fiction, graphic novels and children’s books. Free shipping is available for a rental price of RM20 and above.

Try this out!

2 Likes

Wow… thats really awesome… thank you @dienta_alias