Mathematic computetional

Hye there. i’ve got an offer to pursue my degree level in mathematic computetional. to be frank. O don’t know much about this course. i’ve done some research n review about it yet it still doesn’t clear. could anyone breifly explain to me about:
-the course itself
-market value
-type of occupation regarding the course.

Hi there. Let me help you a bit.

What it really is about? : Basically a google search of mathematic computational turned out disappointing, but computational mathematics does. Computational mathematics involves mathematical research in areas of science where computing plays a central and essential role, emphasizing algorithms, numerical methods, and symbolic computations. Computation in the research is prominent. Essentially in the course is mathematics plus computer science.

Market value : A major in computational math blends computer science and applied mathematics, a powerful combination that would otherwise require a double major to achieve. You’ll graduate with a strong foundation in math coupled with the computing skills required by many of today’s applications.

Occupation opportunities: So what can you do with a major in computational math after graduation? Many graduates enter the workforce immediately in medical research, international banking or software development, and logistics, while others choose to go to graduate school in mathematics, computer science or a related field. Some graduates even decide to start their own consulting firms.

Conclusion : Take it. You will have an added value of being a graduate in mathematics and computer science. There are plenty jobs available. Where is the university located, if I may ask? Goodluck!

1 Like

Thats really helpful Dienta. thank you so much. i’ve already accept the offer :blush: from uitm. are you taking the same course here, if i may ask?

You’re welcome. No, not really. Just trying to help people out :slight_smile: