The National Service Training Programme (NSTP) is implemented to achieve the objectives as stated below:
- To develop and enhance the spirit of patriotism amongst youths
- To encourage national integration and racial unity
- To build character through imparting core moral values
- To instil a spirit of volunteerism
- To develop a young generation that is resilient, healthy and confident.
In ensuring that the National Service programme is implemented successfully, a few aspects are taken into consideration which are:
- Full time live-in dormitory based three (3) month training period
- Programme fully operational since 2004
- Standardized training infrastructure and dormitory facilities at all NSTP camps nationwide
- Financial implications
- Minimal effect towards on-going educational system
- Manpower in terms of expertise and experience.