Rejected for Scholarship! What do I do?!

Not mope around, that’s for sure! This will be a little pep talk and just a bit of advice to those who do not success in their scholarship applications. It’s sort of experience sharing as well, since I myself have applied for Singapore ASEAN Pre-University One Scholarship this year and failed.
Without further ado, let us begin.

1. Face the facts. Accepting that you have been rejected because you simply weren’t good enough is the first and crucial step you must take so that you can move on. I know this kind of sounds like a breakup between lovers, but at least you are not in love with the scholarship! There are still a lot of scholarships out there! Better fish in the sea, if you will.
  1. Map out a backup plan. Given the unfavourable applicant : scholarship ratio, one should never put in an application thinking that he or she is certainly going to be successful or almost guaranteed to get one. It is also unwise to making your future plans dependent on getting a scholarship, which is what most applicants tend to do. Always remember to backup!
  1. Explore other possibilities and opportunities. A scholarship might be good and convenient to have, but it’s not the end of your life if you don’t get it. Complaining about rejection is essentially akin to buying a lottery ticket and then crying when you don’t get the lottery. All paths lead to Rome, you don’t have to restrain yourself to one path and one path only.