Scholarship for A-Level

May I know what is the scholarship available to apply to support my A-Level fees at GMI ?

Hi @maxcwy2010, if you scored good result in your SPM, you can apply most pre-university scholarship as they mostly sponsor A-Level students in Malaysia.

Malaysia Scholarships

Here are the list of scholarships currently available for you to apply. Just check one by one for the ones that provide pre-university (A Levels) scholarship, not undergraduate (university) scholarship.

Alternatively, you can check German-Malaysian Institute (GMI) website for details, there is a section on scholarship (Admission & Services > Scholarship & Finance Aid):

German A-Level Preparatory Program (GAPP)

Scholarship Provider:

1. Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA)
  2. Jabatan Perkhidamatan Awam (JPA)
  3. Yayasan Terengganu

Applications are to be made directly to the sponsors when advertised (by the sponsors via their website) at students’ own capacity. Currently, there is no education loan provided for A-Level program.

Students are also encouraged to secure any sponsorship from other sponsors at t​heir own capacity and GMI is willing to assist.

Let us know if you have trouble finding scholarship. Good luck!

Thanks, I had read through that but I was hoped that I could apply the scholarship outside of GMI to bear my cost. Unfortunately, I cannot even find one. Is there really any scholarship for pre-university studies ? I once heard that there are JPA study loan for overseas studies, is it still available now ?

I think it already close on 10 March

That means, I just missed it.

Have you tried to take a look at this list of pre-university scholarships? @maxcwy2010

I just spent five minutes and found two scholarships available for A levels students together with its closing dates.

1. 20 March 2016: Biasiswa Johor Corporation Education Sponsorship Programme (JCES)
  2. 20 March 2016: Maybank Foundation Sponsorship Award 2016

Not sure if you’re bumiputera, if you are, you can apply the following scholarship as well:

25 March 2016: Program Pembiayaan Pendidikan Peneraju Tunas Potensi

But I only wanted to cover my A-level fees because I am going GAPP program which will proceed to Germany afterwards, so I don’t know are they allowed students who goes overseas chose the scholarship too ?

Hi @maxcwy2010 when you are confused about the terms and conditions about a particular scholarship, the best action to take is to contact the scholarship providers and seek clarification immediately.

Too bad, I guess it’s too late now as many prestigious scholarships are already closed for application.