SPM and why one should understand its importance

I am an SPM leaver waiting for the results to be announced in March 2015.
I am here to share my personal experience that I hope will either be of help or be a warning of sorts to fellow students.
SPM is very important. While I will not say that it is the only way to success, I stand firm that good results in SPM will make the future steps easier. (Continued in the replies…)

Before I start, I just want to state that this post is based off personal experience and opinions, so take it as you will. Different circumstances will produce different results for different people, this is just my take.

Why is SPM important? The simple answer would be that excellent results in SPM open a lot of doors and opportunities.

For example, excellent SPM results increase the chances of being offered scholarships, bursaries and placements in the matriculation program. Some of these are not open for students with bad results to apply. Like the KPM bursary. If I am correct, you miss this little birdie once, you miss it forever. (Bursary is automatically given to those with 9A+s or above). Hence we should treasure all the time we have and work hard. Don’t be one of those who regret not studying in the future.

Well, the importance of SPM is only for you to obtain the scholarship or getting into a nice pre-u and university. Therefore, grasp the chance as @Dreams said above. However, SPM which exists as a exam is a line for students to follow the basic education level of the world, or at least this country, Malaysia. If students cannot follow up the line, they should be inspired to boast themselves up instead of weeping or moaning there.