The requirements for UPU and MATRIC

Share this post on December 2014 to those who want to apply for UPU and MATRIC.

Well, I’m currently studying matric now and I found out that most of my friends here score 80+ A for their cocurriculum marks(for science stream). I get an B+ in my BM (quite out of expectation) and many people said that in order to get matric need 8A+ or 8A. That kind of rumour are quite dull and negative.

Continue;
Even one of my account stream friend had got a SPM resut with 5A only but still manage to get matric and score 4flat for his sem 1. Therefore, I think that it is all about cocurriculum marks. The minimum cocurricular marks for account students(I have done some researchs) is 78++. If you get less cocurriculum marks from that, hope for other scholarship then. Don’t wait for the matric anymore.

Continue;
For Chinese students(sorry for mentioning Chinese only because I only know the situation for options can be chosen for Chinese), the UPU slot for pre-U is quite less. I get diploma engineering at UTHM and foundation technology at UPNM(no show off here just for sharing) and I think that it is all because I consistently represent school,state and even join some national competitions year from year. It is not that tough as you think if you had choose a good club.(Actually it is my own observations, take it as reference only if you got objections)

@sksk If what you said is true, I do hope this means that my chances have elevated. I had around 90 marks for cocurriculum (I am in the science stream, though.) I would not consider myself the most active among my friends (I am surrounded by awesome people O.O), but I do think I have a shot at matriculation now. (Just a shot.)

Matriculation is my first choice at the moment. And like you said, @sksk, I noticed that as well when I was doing some research so as to find more pathways for me to take. The options for non-bumis is terribly limited =.=
I do suppose it’s a lot better than coming up with a nil, though. At least there is a small number of local universities that accept non-bumis for their foundation and/or diploma programmes. For that I am thankful.

@Dreams Oh my god…90marks for cocurriculum, that’s good!! I wonder how you get it since the marks are the average marks from 2 club and combine from form1-5. Either one of your parents working in public sector (especially teacher, the highest rate) would also raise your posibility to get matric, but somehow, it also needs some luck and if you have some relationships to get help, it would be more easier^^

@Dreams The options for the non-bumiputera is truly less. Well said and I think I should skip the issue about the appreciation towards Malaysia education system that use the quota system since it is quite sensitive. Why don’t you consider STPM since if you score well in STPM your future will be very bright, not as matriculation, limited?