UK University of East Anglia (UEA) International Undergraduate Scholarships
We are pleased to offer the following scholarships to undergraduate students wishing to study at UEA:
Vice Chancellor and International UG Prizes
The scheme consists of 50 prizes:
1) Vice Chancellor’s Prizes – awards of 50% of the tuition fee for each year of study that you are a registered student on the original course you applied for.
2) International UG Prizes – awards of 25% of the tuition fee for each year of study that you are a registered student on the original course you applied for.
To be eligible for these scholarships you must meet the following criteria:
Be classified as an international (usually non-EU resident) applicant for fees purposes.
See our fees and funding page if you are unsure of your fee status.
You MUST Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for year 1 of an undergraduate degree course starting at UEA in September 2017.
Be independently funding your studies – i.e. students fully sponsored by organisations for their tuition fees are not eligible to apply (Students applying for or expecting to receive government loans are eligible to apply).
Applicants to courses in Norwich Medical School are not eligible to apply.
Apply now! The Scholarship Application process
Once you have an offer of a place from us, please apply using the application form below.
You will then be assessed for all scholarships for which you are eligible.
Please do not apply if you do not have a conditional or unconditional offer from us.
Scholarship Application Form
The closing date for scholarship applications is 1 June 2017 however scholarship panels are held every month so please get your application to us as soon as possible.
International Undergraduate Scholarship Terms and Conditions:
View the full Terms & Conditions
- That scholarship applicants must hold either a ‘conditional’ or ‘unconditional’ offer for year 1 of study on an undergraduate degree course at UEA at the time when they submit the scholarship application form for an eligible course.
- Successful scholarship applicants must accept the offer of scholarship by ‘firmly’ accepting the UEA unconditional or conditional academic course offer. Consequently scholarship winners who select UEA as their ‘insurance’ choice will have their scholarship withdrawn.
- That the award shall be made as a tuition fee scholarship by means of a fee discount. No cheque or payment shall be made direct to the student. The length of the award is specified in your scholarship notification email.
- That the scholarship applies to Overseas fee payers. If the fee status changes during their course from Overseas to Home/EU Fees the scholarship shall be discontinued.
- That students of the Norwich Medical School are not be eligible to apply for International Undergraduate Scholarship Awards.
- That this scholarship is for September 2017 entry only and all scholarship holders will forfeit the scholarship should they request to defer their place of study to 2018.
- That scholarship holders successfully complete their academic course of study.
- That scholarship holders remain liable for paying any remaining tuition fees to UEA.
- That scholarship holders endeavour to attend the annual international scholarship awardees event and undertake to write at least one student testimonial whilst studying at UEA, and they agree that their testimonial and photograph can be used in publicity material.
- That recipients complete a UEA new students’ survey.
- The scholarship awarded will be exclusive and students cannot be awarded it in conjunction with another UEA award. Where applicants are offered a scholarship, and already hold another UEA award, the scholarship worth the greater financial sum will be awarded only.
- That students sponsored for full tuition fees by an outside body or government organisation will not be eligible for this scholarship. However students applying for, or expecting to receive, government loans are eligible to apply
- That the scholarship is offered for a specified course; there is no guarantee that the scholarship will be transferred to an alternative course.
- The scholarship offer holder must meet all remaining conditions for entry to the University.
- If your scholarship includes a year abroad or a year in industry where you may pay reduced tuition fees for that year, your scholarship award will be lowered to be proportional to those lower tuition fees for that year.