Where can students who failed their Modern Maths further their studies?

Hello everyone.

My brother failed his Modern Maths paper on SPM. This might make him sound idiot as I know Modern Maths is one of the easiest subjects to score for most students but what’s past is past. Now his future is more important, right? :slight_smile:

We bought the UPU pin and all, however, to much of our disappointments all of the universities listed in UPU require at least a pass in Modern Maths. Even polytechnics. One of the choices left that we already knew is IPTS, for sure, but our family isn’t that well-off so I doubt we can afford the fees…

Can anyone here share where can he apply to further his studies that doesn’t require a pass in Modern Maths? Or does anyone know any scholarship/loan programmes that aren’t for high-achievers only or have low requirements (no A… the highest is B+ for english), except for PTPTN and PTPK?

For a result as poor as his this might be too much to ask for. If there’s no luck left I think he’s down to retaking the paper but that would take time and I know it would sadden him when all of his friends already enter universities while he’s still waiting for his SPM(U) result, which will sadden me too. I would like to know if he still has any chance.

Thank you so so much in advance!

If you have checked and confirmed that he does not meet the minimum requirement of local public universities due to his SPM modern maths result, I would suggest you to check if he can get STPM/Form Six offer using his current SPM result. If he can get into Form 6, he can then use his STPM result to apply for UPU 2 years later.