Ask Me Anything About Malaysia Matriculation Programme (Matrikulasi)

hello I’ll be going to matriculation next month.
I want to know which module is better for me to go for pharmacy?
Some people stated that module 1 gives higher chance for students aim for critical courses, is it true?

Do we apply UPU right after we completed our matriculation program? so around what time would we be called for interview?
I think it will be quite rush.

looking forward to your replies, thx.

1 Like

Hi @thxin. So yeah I think module 1 is better as it gives a wider field to choose for your degree course. For critical course it’s better to take module 1. U will apply for upu when half way through sem 2. The interviews will be around 1 month after your matrics ends. Hope this helped.

Hai, im going to enroll in penang matriculation ,so im interested to pursue medicine, which module should i take?

@ashwinB hi there. Congratulations first of all. It’s better to take module 1 which is pure science. It give u higher chance to get medic. Good luck.

thank you very much For the quick reply

A post was split to a new topic: Free SPM Question & Answer by MindAppz

Hi, I am Pang Shian Wei. I would like to ask a few questions about the Program Matrikulasi. Can u explain the advantages and disadvantages of Module 1 and Module 2 separately? Thank you for your consideration and time. Pls correct my errors if u notice.

@Shianwei hi there. Module 1 is pure science consisting of subjects like Maths, Biology, Physics and Chemistry and module 2 is where u drop biology and take science computer. If u are planning to do medical related courses i would recommend u to take module 1 as it has higher chance of getting it. Module 2 is more towards engineering.

1 Like

@marisashanthini Thanks for your reply.
There’s a few things I would like to know more.

1. What is the difference of taking and not taking computer science? Does it affect the career pathway further on like more towards IT instead of medical related courses?
  2. If I choose module 1, what are the courses I can and can’t choose on my further studies in uni?

Sorry for taking up so much of yr time. :grin: Thanks

thank you for your reply, it did help a lot ^^

1 Like
  1. yah it means that u want your career path to be more towards IT.
    2.u can choose anything u want even if its arts courses. theres no limit to it.

HI @marisashanthini, how do we get the reference books and exercises books for matriculation?

hi there…just wanted to know what degree courses can be taken in the future if i take module 3 in matriculation?

Hi @Nesh so module 3 is where u drop physics and take computer science. So u can go to health science courses such as medic, dentistry etc. but always higher chances are given to module 1 students. You could also apple for biomedical science, optometry, audio, etc. IT courses and engineering courses are also applicable.

@thxin hi u can get oxford fajar as reference book and Real Exam for reference also. Those books can be found in any book store.

Thanks for the reply… Really appreciate it

You are welcome . Hope it helped

my college did sell oxford fajar and real exam reference books. :)) thx for
giving advice and suggestions

1 Like

Hi @marisashanthini ! I just want to be sure about a thing, does MoE recognise in international universities, especially overseas?
Thank you.

hi ! I’m an account student and when I applied for matriculation I applied for accounting.

1. is there any chances or ways for me to take computer science
  2. if I took accounting (course) can I still have a career in computer science